Hold a book fair at your school without corporate marketing or media tie ins! Are you tired of all the items for sale at your book fair that aren't books--such as toys, video games, posters, and fashion accessories? Do you think that school book fairs should promote reading without promoting TV shows and movies?
A Commercial-Free Book Fair is the perfect way to:
- Raise funds for a school in a manner consistent with its educational mission.
- Promote literacy.
- Provide an alternative for children who are already inundated with marketing for media-linked products.
- Enrich classroom and library book collections.
- Provide books to students-including the opportunity to purchase books for_those who may not have the funds to buy them.
- Support a local business.
CCFC's Guide to Commercial-Free Book Fairs includes a directory of independent booksellers who support book fairs. (Booksellers who would like to be included in future editions of the guide should email ccfc(at)commercialfreechildhood.org.)